Toy Lending Library
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Toy Lending Library will be closed until further notice. If you would like to make a donation, please contact the school for further assistance.
Family Wellness Program
Family Wellness Worker
Our Family Wellness worker is available to help support parents and caregivers of children with special needs who may need assistance throughout a diagnostic period, during transitions from one stage of their child's development to another, or for general family supports. The Family Wellness Worker will provide assistance through:
- direct support during family visits and program follow-ups
- assisting families in assessing service needs and linking them to appropriate community resources
- advocacy supports for families that may have concerns surrounding their child's program, development, transitions, or with other service providers
- partnering with other community organizations or agencies to provide educational workshops, information sessions, and a variety of children's playgroups
- exploration of new program options so that all needs may be met in our community
Katie Reimer Dewald
Family Wellness Worker
Wetaskiwin Early Education and Family Wellness Centre
780 352-0224 ext: 223
Family Room and Toy Lending Library
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Toy Lending Library will be closed until further notice. If you would like to make a donation, please contact the school for further assistance.
The Family Room & Toy Lending Library were developed for the use of our Community. All families who use the center are welcome to use the Family Room for meetings, networking, or simply relaxing while waiting for program to end each day.
All toys have been chosen for their educational development value. The Toy Lending Library, through generous donations from FCSS and our community, has been developed to support our belief of learning through play. The Toy lending Library is available to all residents of the city and county of Wetaskiwin.
Large varieties of resources are available and may be loaned out to our families for a period of three weeks. Please speak with the Family Wellness Worker about borrowing toys or booking the Family Room for meetings.
Workshops & Events:
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, all workshops and groups will conducted virtually
The staff of the Early Education & Family Wellness Centre work closely with other community organizations and agencies to provide opportunities for:
- educational workshops
- a variety of playgroups
- networking with other parents and caregivers.
Watch for notices posted or sent home with your child and information in the school newsletter and calendar so that you may participate in the activities that are of value to you and your family. Friends and neighbors are also welcome to attend.